Last Updated January 28, 2020
- Types of Information about Users Gathered by Compass: The information we gather about users of this Site enables us to provide you with the services and products you seek and helps us to personalize and continually improve our services. Here are the types of information we gather:
- Information You Give Us: We receive and may store any information you enter on the Site or provide us in any way. For example, you provide us with information when you submit an inquiry, download a document, sign up or log in as a customer to the private portion of the Site, or interact with the Site in other ways. We may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information, such as your name, email address, or interests. To sign up or log in as a customer, we may ask you to provide us with additional information. Some of the information we ask you to provide us is mandatory and some is voluntary. If you do not provide the mandatory information requested for a particular activity, you will not be permitted to participate in that activity.
- Automatic Information: We receive, analyze, and store certain types of information whenever you access or interact with the Site. For example, we may collect the IP address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your email address, information about your browser and operating system, the Uniform Resource Locators (URLs) of the websites you visit before and after our Site, and information about how you move around our Site. We may place cookies and other anonymous identifiers on your computer to prevent fraud, to personalize your experience on our Site, to collect and store this information so that we can improve our services and products, and to market our services and products. A cookie is a small piece of information that a website can send to your browser and may then be stored on your computer’s hard drive. An anonymous identifier is a random string of characters that is used for the same purposes as a cookie on platforms, including certain mobile devices, where cookie technology is not available. You may be able to block, delete, or disable cookies, but doing so may prevent you from taking advantage of some or all of the Site’s services.
- Information from Other Sources: We may combine information you provide us with information from third parties to correct our records, personalize your experience, or enhance our services. This may include, but is not limited to, information from Google and our service providers.
- How Compass Shares the Information It Receives: Information about our users is a critical part of our business. We will not sell that information to others, but we may share user information with others in the following ways:
- With Authorized Third Party Service Providers: We may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf, such as analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, and operating or hosting our Site, and we may share your personally identifiable information with these parties. We encourage our Third Party Service Providers to adopt and post privacy policies; however, the use of your personally identifiable information by such parties is subject to their privacy policies and is not subject to our control.
- For Compass’ Protection or the Protection of Others: We may disclose your personally identifiable information if we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to comply with the law or a court order or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Compass, our users, or others.
- Receipt of Emails: We will not send you third party promotional emails without your permission. However, if you provide us with your email address, you agree to receive from us administrative emails that relate to your activity on our Site, the services we provide, and announcements about new features or changes to the Site or our services. If you no longer want Compass to contact you, you may notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org of this preference. We will then remove your name and email address from our active contact list, but your personal information may remain in our historical records.
- Children’s Privacy Issues: We do not knowingly collect or maintain information from anyone under the age of 13. Minors under the age of 18 may make inquiries on the Site only with the consent of a parent or legal guardian. Anyone makes an inquiry through the Site represents that he or she is 13 years of age or older and, if he or she is at least 13 but less than 18 years of age, that he or she has the consent of his or her parent or legal guardian to make such inquiries and interact with the Site. If you are aware of any instance where we have collected information from someone under the age of 13, or under the age of 18 without parent or legal guardian consent, please inform us immediately.
- Public Content: Compass may provide on the Site public areas where you can voluntarily post specified types of content (collectively “User Public Content”). This User Public Content will be available for others to read, collect, or use. Compass has no control over who reads, collects, or uses the content you voluntarily post to public areas of the Site.
- Security of Your Personal Information: When Compass collects and stores your personally identifiable information, as outlined above, we use tools which may include SSL, passwords, and physical security to protect that information against unauthorized access and disclosure. Some of that information may be stored with “cloud-based” services. When you provide us with personally identifiable information, however, you acknowledge that, even with industry standard security measures in place, third parties might unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications, including stored communications.
- Customer Login: Compass maintains restricted pages on the Site that require a user name and password for access. Please read carefully the Site Use Agreement before signing up or logging in as a customer.