Last Updated January 28, 2020
- Updates to Agreement. We may update or change this Agreement from time to time by posting the revised Agreement on the Site. The revised Agreement is effective immediately upon posting. You agree to be bound by any such revisions. You should periodically visit this page to determine the current terms of our Agreement.
- Public Content. Compass provides the information contained in the publicly accessible portion of the Site (“Public Content”) for general informational purposes only. The Public Content presented on the Site was accurate at the time it was written. Compass makes no representation or warranty as the ongoing accuracy of the information or for any omissions or other errors in the Public Content, and Compass is under no obligation to update the Public Content. Services described on general information pages of the Site are illustrative of the services that Compass offers and provides, and actual services may vary from the descriptions shown. For specifications, pricing, and other information about the services, please read the service-specific sections of the Site and contact Compass at email@example.com before you purchase any services described on the Site if you have any questions.
- User Public Content. We may provide on the Site public areas where you can voluntarily post specified types of content (collectively “User Public Content”). This User Public Content will be available for others to read, collect, or use. We have no control over who reads, collects, or uses the content you voluntarily post. You agree not to post content that is illegal, obscene, threatening, defamatory, invasive of privacy, infringing of intellectual property rights, or otherwise injurious to third parties. If you do post User Public Content, you grant Compass a nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, and irrevocable right to use, reproduce, adapt, publish, or distribute such User Public Content and to use your name in conjunction with the User Public Content alone or as part of other works in any form, media, or technology whether now known or hereafter developed and to sublicense such rights.
- Compass is not responsible for the accuracy, usefulness, or reliability of any User Public Content displayed on or created or transmitted through the Site. Compass is not liable for any loss or damages caused by your reliance on User Public Content obtained through the Site. It is your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, usefulness, and reliability of any content accessible through the Site.
- Links to Third Party Sites. The Site may contain links to third party websites. Compass has not reviewed, and assumes no responsibility to review, any or all of the websites linked to the Site. If you access such linked websites, you do so at your own risk. Compass expressly disclaims any representations regarding the content on such third party websites.
- Children’s Privacy Issues. We do not knowingly collect or maintain information from anyone under the age of 13. Minors under the age of 18 may make inquiries on the Site only with the consent of a parent or legal guardian. Anyone making inquiries through the Site represents that he or she is 13 years of age or older and, if he or she is at least 13 but less than 18 years of age, that he or she has the consent of his or her parent or legal guardian to make such inquiries and interact with the Site. If you are aware of any instance where we have collected information from someone under the age of 13, or under the age of 18 without parent or legal guardian consent, please inform us immediately.
- Site Accessibility and Security. You are responsible for obtaining and maintaining all data lines, computer software and hardware, and other equipment needed to access and use this Site. Compass will not be liable for any damages to, or viruses that might infect, your computer or other property as a result of your access to, use of, or downloading from this Site. You acknowledge that sometimes there are interruptions in Internet service that are beyond the control of Compass, and Compass will not be responsible for any data lost during Internet transmissions. While it is Compass’ intention to make this Site accessible 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, you acknowledge that this Site may be interrupted, suspended, or terminated from time to time for any, or no, reason. Compass will not be responsible for your inability to access the Site.
- Intellectual Property. The Site contains various trademarks owned by Compass or third parties, and all rights in the trademarks are expressly reserved by their owners. The Site also contains materials and proprietary information—including but not limited to text, video, graphics and software—that are copyrighted under the United States copyright laws and international laws and treaties. Some of the copyrights are owned by Compass and some are owned by third parties and used by Compass pursuant to a license. Compass grants you a limited, non-exclusive license to browse, to download Compass-copyrighted work onto your individual computer, and to otherwise access this Site. By downloading the material, you do not acquire any ownership interest or rights to the copyrighted material. The material presented is for your personal use only and not for commercial purposes. You may not publish, copy, transmit, modify, link, create derivative works, or in any other way use, display, or exploit the contents of the Site in whole or in part without express written permission. In the event you are granted written permission to copy, transmit, publish, or link the copyrighted materials, you may not make any changes or deletions and you must attribute to Compass as the source of the material. You are prohibited from deep-linking into the Site without written permission from and attribution to Compass. You agree that a breach of this intellectual property provision may result in injuries to Compass that may not be recovered by payment of damages alone. You agree that Compass may seek equitable relief for any breach or threatened breach of this intellectual property provision and that Compass may obtain an injunction or restraining order, and you waive the requirement for Compass to post any bond or other security for such injunction or restraining order. Compass shall be entitled to court costs and attorneys’ fees under this intellectual property provision.
- Claims of Copyright Infringement. We respect the intellectual property of others. If you are a copyright owner or an owner’s agent and find content on the Site that you believe infringes on your copyright(s), you may submit notice in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. Notice should be sent to:
Compass Enterprises, LLC
- Becoming a Compass Customer. As Compass expands its services, it will maintain restricted pages on the Site that require a user name and password for access. Some of the services also will require payment of a fee. Use of these fee-based services are subject to additional terms and conditions. If you have any questions about these services, we encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Disclaimer of Warranty and Limitation of Liability. You expressly agree that use of the Site is at your sole risk. This Site and all content and services included on or otherwise made available to you through the Site are provided by Compass on an “as is” and “as available” basis, unless otherwise specified in writing. Neither Compass nor any of its third party content providers or licensors make any representations or warranties of any kind, express, or implied, as to the operation of the Site or the content or services included on or otherwise made available to you through the Site. Compass does not warrant that the Site, content or services included on or otherwise made available through the Site, or its servers are free of viruses, Trojan horses, malware, or other harmful components. Compass will not be liable for any damages or any kind arising from or related to your use of the Site, including but not limited to direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential, and punitive damages, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damage.
- Your Representations and Indemnification. You represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control all rights to the User Public Content that you post to the Site and that it is accurate, does not violate this Agreement, and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Compass from and against all claims and expenses, including attorney fees, arising out of your use of the Site.
- Dispute Resolution. You agree that this Agreement will be interpreted under the laws of the State of Indiana without reference to its conflict of laws provisions. The parties agree that, as to any dispute arising out of or related to this Agreement, except as permitted by Section 9 above, the parties will submit such dispute to an impartial mediator located in Lake County, Indiana for resolution. If the parties are unable to resolve the dispute by mediation, then the parties may bring an action in a court located in Lake County, Indiana or, if a federal action, in the Northern District of Indiana. You hereby consent and agree to submit to the jurisdiction of and venue in such courts and waive any argument of forum non conveniens.
- Site Termination. Compass may terminate this Agreement at any time for any or no reason without prior notice. The provisions of Sections 4, 9, 12, 13, 14, and 15 will survive termination of the Agreement.
- Contacting Us. You may contact us at any time about this Agreement by emailing us at email@example.com. Any communication you send to Compass by email or otherwise is, and will be treated as, non-confidential and non-proprietary.